Information Security Analyst Job Description
Information Security Analyst Job Description
Information security analysts design and implement security systems to protect a company or organization’s computer networks from cyber attacks, and help set and maintain security standards.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minimum of 3 years of experience in information security. You need to be proficient with MAC and OS with experience in penetration testing and techniques and installing security software and documenting security issues. In addition, you will have excellent written and oral communication skill and understand patch management and firewalls, antivirus and IDPS concepts.
Information Security Analyst Job Description Template
We are hiring an Information Security Analyst to work in our growing IT Security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find. To do well in this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and experience in the information security field.
Information Security Analyst Responsibilities:
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of IT security requirements
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Gather feedback from end users to continue to improve systems
- Design, analyze and implement efficient IT security systems
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Upgrade systems to enable security software
- Install and upgrade antivirus software
- Test and evaluate new technology
Information Security Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA in information systems.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
Information Security Analyst FAQ:
What do information security analysts do?
Information security analysts design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the security systems that protect an organization’s computer systems and data. Add your information security analyst roles and responsibilities to our information security analyst description to begin creating a detailed, professional job listing for your business.
Can I edit your information security analyst description?
We encourage you to add details about the information security analyst duties and responsibilities at your organization. Feel free to customize any section of our info security analyst description to get a job listing that works for your organization.
What information should I include when I post an information security analyst job?
When you advertise an information security analyst job, you should let applicants know about your expectations and requirements. Tell candidates more about the information security analyst education requirements, duties, and skills you’re looking for in your next hire. Add you details to our information security analyst job description template to design a job listing that will attract top talent.
A person working as an Information Security Analyst in India typically earns around 37,100 INR per month. Salaries range from 20,000 INR (lowest) to 55,900 INR (highest).
This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits. Information Security Analyst salaries vary drastically based on experience, skills, gender, or location. Below you will find a detailed breakdown based on many different criteria.