Functional Test Analyst
Consultant – Estimation Functional Test Analyst – Hyderabad
Company Name : Deloitte US GLS India
Location : Hyderabad
Job Description :
Responsible for creating test cases in supporting tool (e.g. Octane) and executing related functional and string tests. Has deep functional and application knowledge in order to adequately test but also provide L2 support. Experienced with all types of software testing and test automation.
Work you’ll do
· Assist Test Lead in defining test plan
· Create test case for each User Story, including positive and negative scenarios, and documenting result in supporting tool (e.g. Octane) to support requirements traceability
· Execute manual functional and string tests
· Support team in test automation
· Complete ad hoc testing based on functional understanding to identify additional defects
· Relate defects to technical team and support root cause analysis
· Assign severity to defects based on functional understanding of the application to assist in prioritization
· Support Sprint Planning to assign estimates (e.g. story points or hours) to testing related work (e.g. User Story or defect)
· Escalate concerns with application stability to Test Lead to raise subsequent Risks and Issues
· Support functional documentation such as conceptual designs and defining requirements (user stories)
· Participate in dress rehearsal and cut-over activities
· Participate in Daily Standups to provide related updates
· Participate in Sprint Retrospectives to provide improvement opportunities
· Support Product Backlog Refinement from a functional and testing perspective
· Support preparation of testing statistics to be reviewed during Testing Sprint Review and used to improve processes and development
· Provide level 2 functional application support
To keep pace with the dynamic client needs and changing marketplaces we serve, Consulting Methods & Tools (CMT) continues to enhance global client service delivery through innovative solutions, methods, and tools.
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and innovation, and can develop ideas into products that are relevant to solve business problems.
· Experienced with requirements and defect management
· Understanding of the Testing lifecycle
· Good knowledge of SDLC
· Experienced testing web applications and writing test cases
· Good knowledge of different Testing types beyond unit testing (e.g. Acceptance, Performance, etc.)
· Good knowledge of Experience with test automation
· Experienced with Agile software implementation approach
· Experienced working in a distributed workplace (e.g., virtual teams, off-shore teams)
· Able to work independently and confident to raise questions to avoid confusion
· Logical / critical thinker and detail-oriented
· Good time management skills
· Good software skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word
· Good written and verbal communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Micro Focus testing tools including ALM, UFT, Mobile Center, Performance Center/Network Virtualization or Service Virtualization
• Experienced in interacting with senior management
• Familiar with Shift-Left and Continuous Testing practices
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
Deloitte Tax LLP
Requisition code: E19HCCONRK15-CMT
Connect with your profile to view job recommendations now!
Sign in with linkedIn
Senior Consultant – Project Management Delivery Coach – CMT – HYD/MUM/BEN
Same job available in 3 locations Management Consulting
Senior Consultant – Estimation .Net – Hyderabad
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, US GLS India
For Apply Job: