Mobile Test Engineer Job Description
Mobile test engineers provide expertise on mobile devices and their configuration, operation, and capabilities. Their responsibilities include testing mobile device software, updating operating systems, and reporting any application malfunctions. Mobile test engineers also work to ensure that mobile devices meet network carrier requirements.
We are looking to hire a results-driven mobile test engineer to analyze, troubleshoot, and optimize mobile products for our clients. In this role, you will be evaluating mobile devices, testing live applications, and troubleshooting updates, among other duties.
To ensure success as a mobile test engineer, you should be able to test mobile products across multiple platforms including web applications, iOS, and Android. Ultimately, a top-notch mobile test engineer should be able to work on various coding programs such as HTML and JAVA and display a solid knowledge of mobile operating systems.
Test Engineer job profile
Test Engineers are responsible for conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers fits its purpose. Assessing codes is one of the main duties of test engineers.
In order to attract Test Engineers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Test Engineer job description.
Mobile Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Test and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements
- Prove for scalability and performance of a software
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole
- Work with firmware developers and validation engineers
- Develop and automate tests for software validation
- Detect bug issues
- Prepare file defect reports and report test progress
- Testing mobile devices to ensure their configuration, operation, and capabilities work efficiently.
- Working with device manufacturers, product managers, and development teams to test and optimize mobile products.
- Developing automated test scripts and frameworks for improved mobile app performance.
- Working with a variety of databases and coding programs, such as Objective-C, Java, HTML, as well as XML and JSON feeds.
- Updating operating systems, specifically iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone 7.
- Producing clear and concise test reports and releasing notes to co-workers when needed.
- Providing feedback to development teams on technical, troubleshooting, or operational issues.
- Assisting with the configuration of test environments.
- Suggesting new processes and policies to improve mobile development techniques.
Mobile Test Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in engineering, computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a similar degree.
- At least two years’ experience in mobile application testing and development.
- Working knowledge of mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in developing automated test scripts.
- Ability to develop software applications using programming or scripting languages such as Java and HTML.
- Experience in using configuration management or version control tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.