SR. TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Company: Xoriant Solutions Pvt Ltd
Experience: 4 to 7 year
- Create testing artifacts such as test plans, test cases, test reports, and tests.
- Review product requirement documents in close collaboration with product managers and tech leads to create and document test plans and test cases for features.
- Review test plan and test case documents as needed with key stakeholders.
- Work hand-in-hand with the developers and product manager as a manual tester for new features under development.
- As a quality engineer, understand the technical stacks and technology powering the applications.
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as a prerequisite for test automation, for time-sensitive delivery scenarios and for unscheduled hotfix releases.
- Develop and execute automated U and API tests for existing and new features in the smoke, nightly, and regression scopes.
- Develop and execute manual tests for existing and new features.
- Perform pre-release automated regression testing for scheduled feature releases.
- Uplevel overall QA team maturity by contributing to cross-functional efforts such as for nightly tests, monitoring test failures, and improving the frameworks that run the tests.
- Work with Jenkins to schedule tests, analyze test results and share metrics and feedback with key stakeholders.
- Perform testing in both automated and manual testing forms based on team needs
- Active communicator in both written and verbal forms. The financials team’s preferred communication style is via video conferencing & slack
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a collaborative, self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in agile product teams (Scrum and Kanban).
- Interest in software system internals, e.g. “how things work”.
- Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally.
- Experience improving quality through a combination of tests, dependency testing, and monitoring.
- Self-starter who can collaborate effectively with the members of the product development team (product managers, architects, developers, etc.) and with cross-functional QA team members.
- Experience testing web based applications in the ERP and/or banking domain
- 4-7 years experience in the following areas:
- functional & end to end UI automation and manual test case development & execution
- functional & end to end API automation and manual test case development & execution
- agile development methodologies (SCRUM or Kanban)
- BDD testing
- REST Assured
- REST API’s
- API Testing Fundamentals
- Test Engineering
- Regression Testing
- API Testing
- Test Planning
- Automation Testing
- Manual Testing
- Test Cases
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization