Telstra Off Campus Drive Software Engineer 2022
Job Role: Software Engineer
Eligible: 2021/2022 Batch
Last Date to Apply: 29/06/2022
Job Description For Telstra Off Campus Drive 2022
- We are looking for Software Engineering Specialist, your role centres on collaborating with your team to deliver Software Engineering products and solutions that delight our customers. You play a key role in helping to understand customer requirements and transform epics into new product and capability features.
- Your teamwork and collaboration skills, continuous learning and improvement mindset, and ability to adapt to feedback are critical to success in this role, as you develop your knowledge and experience in the Software Engineering Domain.
- Your key responsibilities and major tasks include, but are not limited to
- As a backend Java developer, you will work within a specific problem space critical to Telstra’s current needs where you will design, develop, and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability, and low latency.
- Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration,
- performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Apply engineering best practices such as Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps as part of a high performing motivated team.
- Continually develops capability both against current demand and the technology/business capability roadmaps provided.
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile, and cross functional teams
- Pivot to working on new features and developments, to providing production support in the production and pre-production environments assisted by all team members. This responsibility is equally shared by all members of the team.
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a large scale
- Be part of a feature team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Skills Required For Telstra Off Campus Drive 2022
- Minimum 1 year experience in this area
- Must have strong Java programming background (preferably Java 8+)
- Preferred Frameworks – Spring Boot
- Unit Testing, Integration testing and Automated testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Microservices development – HTTP, REST API design and implementation
- Comfortable to operate in an agile, dynamic environment
- Database – Postgres / NoSQL – Couchbase, MongoDB, RDS
- Strong debugging and analysis skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Team work and stakeholder management skills
- Domain knowledge of Telecom.
- Understanding & exposure on AWS cloud Services such as EC2, ECR, ECS, VPC, IAM, Route 53, RDS,
- DynamoDB CloudWatch etc.
- Secure coding practices
- Application monitoring and logging
- Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git, Linux shell
- Docker, Apigee ,AWS – Lambda
Selection Process For Telstra Off Campus Drive 2022
- Aptitude Written Test Online
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview