TEST SPECIALIST: AUTOMATION
Company:IBM India Pvt. Limited
Experience:4 to 6 year(s) of
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an Automation Testing Practitioner, you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.Responsibilities:
- You are responsible for applying automated tools in testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test
- management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
What you ll do:
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, test cases and use cases for suitability for automation.
- Assist the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes.
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate applications using Selenium
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite.
- Implement the strategy via developing, coding and executing test case and test script frameworks using automated tools such Selenium.
- Provide timely project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to client partners
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Profound knowledge of Software Development Process and Testing life cycle.
- Working knowledge on Java 1.7 with Selenium/Appium, Cucumber and BDD Tools along with the
- understanding of TestNG/Junit, Ant/Maven and Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in development of application changes, testing the changes and driving continuous
- delivery transformation within Scrum teams.
- Ability to drive adoption of BDD / TDD in Agile / Scrum teams.
- Demonstrated experience in designing / building test automation frameworks for service and UI based testing
- and understanding of DevOps and integration of test automation into Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Proven understanding of industry standard methodologies in QA – e.g. use of virtual services to test early, ideal
- mix of service based versus UI bases tests, risk based testing coverage, etc
- Manager Quality Assurance
- Test management
- Regression testing
- Test cases