Thomson Reuters Freshers Recruitment | Software Engineer Intern | Bangalore
Company Name: Thomson Reuters
Job Location: Bangalore
Job Category: IT | Software
Job Position: Software Engineer – Intern
Qualification: BE, BTech
- The ideal candidate will be self driven, result oriented and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- They must also possess effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- A history of resolving time sensitive issues in a fast paced production environment while
- maintaining strong customer relationships are key selection criteria.
- Candidate pursuing four-year BE degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- Should be in the final semester.
- Should not have any backlogs pending from previous semesters.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Some proficiency Java, Oracle, Scripting, Unix operating systems and familiarity with Unix tools.
- Application of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques and implementation using Design Patterns.
- Development experience with Relational Databases and use of SQL.
Knowledge of structured (HTML/XML – DOM, SAX) and unstructured content parsing (regular expressions).
- Ability to create unit level tests using JUnit, and of test driven development in general.
- Excellent learning ability and desire to constantly upskill.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Develop efficient and high quality code while meeting product release deadline.
- Assist leads to prepare time estimates for projects and software design plans.
- Assist leads with product and technology evaluations.
- Production Support & Maintenance activities:
- Respond quickly to support issues and follow up till resolution
- Conduct thorough troubleshooting and provide quick resolution to production problems
- Follow up and provide timely reporting on issues to management